in the Kogelberg BIOSPHERE RESERVE
Whether you live in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve or not, there’s so much you can do to get involved. Here’s how you can help bring about a better world for nature and people together.
Donate: Give your voice to the natural world in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
We are a not-for-profit company and a public benefit organisation. All funds raised therefore go to meeting our motto: Nature for Life.
In your own backyard:
There’s a lot you can do for nature in your own backyard:
- Convert your garden into a hub for pollinators and other critters
- Join some of the invasive alien plant hacking groups led by our partners and members
- Get active in regular beach clean-ups
- Volunteer your time and resources to help the KBR and its partners undertake our conservation activities
- Include the hashtag: #BiosphereLiving on your social media posts where you photograph our incredible natural world
- Make your home and garden fire-resilient
- Grow indigenous plants in your garden
- Avoid using insecticides or pesticides in your daily use that kill the micro-organisms that feed our birds and other wildlife
- Pick up pollution you come across
- Place a floating log or other object in your swimming pool to reduce the number of critters that drown in the water
- Collect rainwater from your downpipes to use in your garden.
The Betty’s Bay Hack Group, the oldest in South Africa, recently celebrated its 60th anniversary. It all started in February 1963 when Denys Heesom challenged Betty’s Bay residents to join him in tackling the alien vegetation encroaching on the Betty’s Bay fynbos.
On Sunday 4 April, the Kogelberg Biosphere Wildlife Rescue (KBWR) team, with the assistance of the Overstrand Municipality, members of the public and Betty’s Bay
If you live in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve region, you’re already enjoying Biosphere Life. That means you can already enjoy all that Mother Nature offers you here, in this incredibly special part of the world. MORE
You can take the next step, to become even more involved in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
And remember to include us in your social media posts, by using the hashtag: #BiosphereLiving.