in the Kogelberg BIOSPHERE RESERVE
Whether you live in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve or not, there’s so much you can do to get involved. Here’s how you can help bring about a better world for nature and people together.
Donate: Give your voice to the natural world in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
We are a not-for-profit company and a public benefit organisation. All funds raised therefore go to meeting our motto: Nature for Life.
In your own backyard:
There’s a lot you can do for nature in your own backyard:
- Convert your garden into a hub for pollinators and other critters
- Join some of the invasive alien plant hacking groups led by our partners and members
- Get active in regular beach clean-ups
- Volunteer your time and resources to help the KBR and its partners undertake our conservation activities
- Include the hashtag: #BiosphereLiving on your social media posts where you photograph our incredible natural world
- Make your home and garden fire-resilient
- Grow indigenous plants in your garden
- Avoid using insecticides or pesticides in your daily use that kill the micro-organisms that feed our birds and other wildlife
- Pick up pollution you come across
- Place a floating log or other object in your swimming pool to reduce the number of critters that drown in the water
- Collect rainwater from your downpipes to use in your garden.
Finding a snake in your garden shouldn’t necessarily result in a state of fear. In fact, given that we live in a biosphere, there’s a good chance that you could meet some of our cold-blooded brethren from time to time.
The project started in February, when the participants got their first theoretical lessons, to understand the Source-to-Sea concept. The goal was to show how interconnected …
If you live in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve region, you’re already enjoying Biosphere Life. That means you can already enjoy all that Mother Nature offers you here, in this incredibly special part of the world. MORE
You can take the next step, to become even more involved in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve.
And remember to include us in your social media posts, by using the hashtag: #BiosphereLiving.